Upendra Rao is a famend Kannada filmmaker, screenwriter, actor, and politician. He is named top-of-the-line administrators within the Kannada movie trade.
Upendra Rao aka Upendra was born on Thursday, 18 September 1969 (age 53 years; as of 2022) in Bengaluru. He pursued a bachelor’s diploma in Commerce from APS School of Commerce, Bangalore. When he was learning in school, he actively participated in theater performs.
a childhood image of Upendra Rao, when he was in NCC
Top (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 75kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Physique Measurements (approx.): Chest: 42 inches, Waist: 28 inches, Biceps: 15 inches
Upendra Rao belongs to Tulu talking Koteshwara Magane Madhwa Brahmin group.
Dad and mom & Siblings
His father, Manjunath Rao, was a prepare dinner and his mom’s title is Anusuya. Upendra has an older brother named Sudhindra Rao. Sudhindra was in Border Safety Power. After serving for ten years, he left the navy to assist Upendra in manufacturing and film-related works.
Spouse & Kids
On 14 December 2003, Upendra Rao obtained married to Priyanka Trivedi, who’s an actress. Priyanka gained the title of Miss Kolkata in 1996. In 2007, that they had a son named Aayush Upendra. In 2008, that they had a daughter and named her Aishwarya Upendra.
South Indian actor and director Kashinath Hathwara is a distant relative of Upendra’s.
Throughout Upendra’s closing 12 months in school, he began his profession as a author and an assistant director with the late actor and movie director Kashinatha Hathwara.
The 1992 Kannada movie ‘Tharle Nan Maga’ was Upendra’s directorial debut.
Upendra directed a horror suspense thriller movie ‘Shhh!’ in 1993 and in 1998, he was the director of the Kannada movies ‘Swasthik’ and ‘A.’ In 1999, Upendra directed a self-titled movie, Upendra.
In 1989, Upendra made his performing debut with the comedy movie ‘Anantana Avantara.’ He made a cameo look as Lord Kamadeva within the movie’s music ‘Come On Come On Kaamanna.’
Upendra performed the function of a misogynist named Naanu within the movie ‘Upendra’ in 1999.
He made cameo appearances in his personal movies together with A (1998), Shhh! (1993) and Operation Antha (1995). Aside from this, Upendra acted in movies together with Preethse (2000), Kutumba (2002), Raktha Kanneeru (2003), and I Love You (2019). In 2006, Upendra labored within the Kannada movie ‘Aishwarya,’ which was Deepika Padukone’s debut movie.
On 6 March 2018, Upendra drifted from the political occasion, Karnataka Pragnyavanta Janata Paksha, that he helped set up, resulting from a misunderstanding between him and D. Mahesh Gowda. He then fashioned one other occasion named Uttama Prajakeeya Celebration (UPP).
Awards & Achievements
Udaya Movie Awards
1999: Greatest male actor for movie ‘A’
2003: Greatest male actor for movie Nagarahavu
2011: Greatest Screenplay for the film Tremendous
2013: Greatest Male Actor for the movie Kalpana
forty seventh Filmfare Awards South
2000: Greatest Director and Greatest movie for the movie Upendra
Whats up Gandhinagara Awards 2004
2004: Greatest dialogue and Greatest actor for the movie Raktha Kanneeru
Suvarna Movie Awards
2008: Particular Award For Efficiency for the movie Anatharu
2011: Favourite Director Award for the movie Tremendous
2011: Favourite Movie for the movie Tremendous
1st SIIMA Awards
2012: Particular appreciation award for the movie Shrimathi
Karnataka State Movie Awards
2012: Greatest Director and Greatest movie for the movie Tremendous
2nd SIIMA Awards
2013: Critics award for greatest actor for the movie Katariveera Surasundarangi
fifth SIIMA Awards
2016: Greatest Director for the movie Uppi 2
- When Upendra was learning in class, he actively participated in debates, cultural actions, and writing dramas.
- When Upendra was younger, his household was poor. They could not afford cash for an eye fixed downside that Upendra had as a child.
- As a result of poor circumstances at residence, Upendra and his brother used to do jobs equivalent to making paper covers with newspapers and supplying them to roadside fruit sellers, and packing parcels with a view to earn cash.
- When Upendra was learning in class, he participated in a kids’s play ‘Compounder Gunda’ by which he shouted as part of performing. When his efficiency was appreciated by the viewers, he determined to turn into an actor.
- Upendra’s movie ‘om’ (1995) went on to turn into a blockbuster which was later remade into a number of languages. In 1999, its Hindi model titled Arjun Pandit was launched, with Sunny Deol within the forged.
- Upendra is the model ambassador of United Breweries and has endorsed many widespread manufacturers together with Lunars Footwear, Mavalli Tiffin Room (MTR), Emani Navaratna Model, and Royal Challengers Bangalore.