Subodh Kumar Jaiswal is a 1985 IPS officer within the Maharashtra cadre. On Might 25, 2021, he was appointed director of the Central Bureau of Investigation.
Wiki / Biography
Subodh Kumar Jaiswal was born on Saturday September 22, 1962 (58 years outdated; from 2020) in Sindri, Dhanbad in Jharkhand. Her zodiac signal is Virgo. He continued his research in English at DAV School, Chandigarh, and later he did an MBA at College Enterprise Faculty, Panjab College. Whereas pursuing his MBA, he took the NDA examination thrice, however was unable to take the examination. He then tried the UPSC examination and cleared it.
Peak (approx): 5 ′ 7 ″
Eye color: Black
Hair shade: Black
Household and caste
Subodh Kumar Jaiswal is married to Nancy Jaiswal.
After passing the UPSC examination, he was appointed Further Superintendent of Police in Amravati, Maharashtra in 1986. He was appointed head of the Particular Investigation Crew (SIT) shaped by the Excessive Courtroom in 2003 to research a multi-crore false papers rip-off carried out by Abdul Karim Telgi. The case was then referred to the CBI. He was appointed to go the counterterrorism staff to research the Malegaon explosion case in 2006.
He additionally served within the Particular Safety Group (SPG), the Intelligence Bureau (IB) and the Analysis and Evaluation Unit (R&AW). In 2018 he was appointed Mumbai Police Commissioner and in 2019 he served because the Director Normal of Police (DGP) of Maharashtra. In Might 2021, after a sequence of conferences between Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Chief Justice of India NV Ramana and opposition chief Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, he was appointed director of the Central Bureau of Investigation. Initially, three names had been shortlisted for the submit, together with Kumar Rajesh Chandra (1985-Bihar IPS government), VSK Kaumudi (1986-Andhra Pradesh government) and Subodh Kumar Jaiswal. When appointing Subodh, ACC Secretary Srinivas R Katikithala stated:
The Cupboard Appointments Committee, based mostly on the panel really helpful by the committee, permitted the appointment of Subodh Kumar Jaiswal, IPS (MH: 1985) as Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for 2 years from the date of workplace or till additional discover, whichever happens first. ”
- Further Police Superintendent in Amravati, Maharashtra (1986)
- Head of the Excessive Courtroom-appointed Particular Investigative Crew (2003)
- Head of the counterterrorism staff to research the Malegaon explosion case (2006)
- Mumbai Police Commissioner (2018)
- Maharashtra Director Normal of Police (DGP) (2019)
- Head of the Central Bureau of Investigation (2021)
Info / Trivia
- After being appointed DGP of Maharashtra in 2019, numerous disagreements arose between Uddhav Thackeray and Subodh. Chatting with the media, Devendra Fadnavis, former chief minister of Maharashtra, stated:
Mr. Jaiswal is a reliable officer. However he was pissed off with the way in which the state authorities had operated over the previous a number of months. He was by no means taken in confidence. This occurred for the primary time within the state. ”
- In 2009, he obtained the President of Police’s Medal for Distinguished Service.
- He led the investigative staff concerned within the Elgaar Parishad and Bhima Koregaon case earlier than his switch to the CBI in 2020.
- A video was posted by the HDFC YouTube channel in 2020 commending the help Subodh Kumar Jaiswal supplied to these in want amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.