Saweety Boora is an Indian boxer who’s well-known for competing in middleweight boxing championships (75-81kg). In 2023, she received a gold medal within the 81 kg class, defeating China’s Wang Lina on the Girls’s World Boxing Championship, held in New Delhi.
As per some media sources, Saweety Boora was born on Sunday, 10 January 1993 and in line with different media sources, she was born on Friday, 2 April 1993 (age 30 years; as of 2023) in Ghirai, Hisar, Haryana, India. As per supply 1, her zodiac signal is Capricorn and as per supply 2, her zodiac signal is Aries. Saweety attended the Authorities Publish Graduate Faculty, Hisar and the Kurukshetra College, Haryana.
Peak (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight : 72kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Darkish Brown
Determine Measurements (approx.): 33-28-34
Mother and father & Siblings
Her father Mahender Singh Boora, a farmer, performed basketball on the nationwide degree. Her mom’s title is Suman Devi Boora.
Saweety’s youthful sister, Siwi Boora, is a boxer who competes within the light-weight class. Siwi was impressed to take boxing as a profession by her sister Saweety. She has two brothers, Mandeep Boora and Naveen Boora; Naveen is a boxer.
Husband & Youngsters
On 7 July 2022, Saweety obtained married to Deepak Niwas Hooda, a kabaddi participant, who served because the captain of the India nationwide kabaddi group from 2019 to 2022.
Reportedly, the couple met throughout a marathon in 2015 and step by step they developed romantic emotions for one another. After relationship for greater than a yr, Deepak proposed to her for marriage and on 29 June 2022, the couple obtained engaged at Hisar in Haryana.
Earlier than getting married to Deepak, Saweety dated him for nearly seven years.
Faith/Non secular Views
Saweety Boora follows Hinduism.
Earlier than pursuing a profession as a boxer, Saweety used to play kabaddi and performed state degree, representing Haryana’s ladies’s kabaddi group. In 2009, after her father suggested her to coach for boxing, her curiosity obtained inclined in direction of it. Initially, Saweety acquired coaching in boxing from her coach within the ploughed fields close to the Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural College. After receiving enough coaching, she began collaborating in varied nationwide boxing championships. Saweety bagged gold within the 4th Junior Girls Nationwide Boxing Championship 2009, which was held on the Monual Haq Stadium Rajendra Nagar in Patna. In 2010, she took half within the 1st Youth Girls Haryana State Boxing Championship and received a silver medal. Her breakthrough got here within the yr 2014 when Saweety participated within the AIBA Girls’s World Boxing Championship, which was held in Jeju Metropolis in South Korea; she received a silver medal within the mild heavyweight (81 kg) class after shedding within the finals from China’s Yang Xiaoli. In 2015, she participated within the Asian Girls’s Beginner Boxing Championships in Wulanchabu, China within the mild heavyweight (81 kg) class and received the silver medal after shedding the ultimate to China’s Yang Xiaoli. In 2018, Saweety determined to modify her weight class class from mild heavyweight (81 kg) to middleweight (75 kg) for her additional boxing tournaments. In 2019, she took half within the AIBA Girls’s World Boxing Championship and was defeated by Lauren Value of Welsh within the pre-quarterfinal spherical.
In 2021, she received bronze on the Asian Championship, held in Dubai. In 2023, Saweety bagged a gold medal on the IBA Girls’s World Boxing Championships after defeating China’s Wang Lina within the mild heavyweight class (75-81 kg).
revenue tax inspector
On February 12, 2016, Saweety was appointed as an inspector on the Earnings Tax Division.
- 2009: 4th Junior Girls Nationwide Boxing Championship at Monual Haq Stadium Rajendra Nagar, Patna
- 2010: ninth Senior Girls Haryana State Boxing Championship at Village Samalkha, Panipat
- 2010: eleventh Senior Girls Nationwide Boxing Championship at Thrissur
- 2011: 2nd Inter-Zonal Girls Nationwide Boxing Championship at NTR Stadium, Guntur
- 2011: 2nd Youth Girls Haryana State Boxing Championship at Mahandergarh
- 2011: seventh Youth Girls Nationwide Boxing Championship, Patiala
- 2011: NC Sharma Memorial Federation Cup Girls’s Boxing Championships at DSA Floor Nainital
- 2011: 1st UBA Cup Girls’s Boxing Event, Hisar
- 2011: third Inter-Zonal Girls Nationwide Boxing Championship
- 2012: eighth Federation Cup Girls’s Boxing Championships At Sai Sports activities Advanced, Guwahati, Assam
- 2012: seventh Senior Girls North India Boxing Championship, Himachal Pradesh
- 2012: 4th Inter-Zonal Girls Nationwide Boxing Championship at Visakhapatnam
- 2013: twelfth Senior Girls Haryana State Boxing Championships, Hisar, Haryana
- 2013: 14th Senior Girls Boxing Competitors, Khatima, Uttrakhand
- 2013: eighth Senior Girls North India Boxing Championships at Srinagar
- 2014: thirteenth Senior Girls State Boxing Championship, Bhiwani, Haryana
- 2015: 14th Senior Girls Haryana State Boxing Championship, Haryana
- 2015: sixteenth Senior (Elite) Girls Nationwide Boxing Championship, Guwahati, Assam
- 2016: fifteenth Senior Girls Haryana State Boxing Championship, Rohtak, Haryana
- 2018: Umakhanov Memorial Event in Russia
- 2021: 2nd Elite Girls’s Haryana State Boxing Championship, Rohtak
- 2021: fifth Elite Girls Nationwide Boxing Championship, Hisar, Haryana
- 2022: Asian Girls’s Boxing Championship held in Jordan
- 2022: sixth Elite Girls’s Nationwide Boxing Championship at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- 2023: Girls’s World Boxing Championship, New Delhi
- 2010: 1st Youth Girls Haryana State Boxing Championship, Haryana
- 2010: SHNC Sharma Memorial Federation Cup Girls Boxing Championship, Uttarakhand
- 2014: AIBA Girls’s World Boxing Championship, Jeju Metropolis in South Korea
- 2018: Inaugural India Open Boxing Event, New Delhi
- 2022: thirty sixth Nationwide Video games in Gujarat
- 2012: thirteenth Senior Girls Nationwide Boxing Championship, Guwahati
- 2018: Kazakhstan’s Strandja Boxing Event
- 2018: 69th Worldwide Boxing Championship, Bulgaria
- 2019: 2nd Open India Nationwide Championship, Guwahati, Assam
- 2019: seventh President Cup, Kazakhstan
- 2021: ASBC Asian Boxing Championship, Dubai
In 2017, Saweety was awarded the Bhim Award from the Authorities of Haryana for her achievements within the boxing sport.
Saweety owns a Hyundai Creta automobile.
- Saweety grew to become India’s seventh boxer (male or feminine) to win a gold medal on the World Boxing Championship.
- Saweety’s blood group is A+.
- In an interview, Saweety acknowledged that she felt sick proper earlier than making ready for her debut worldwide boxing match and stated,
In 2014, I fell sick due to typhoid and needed to get admitted. And on the time they introduced that whoever turns into the Nationwide gold medalist, solely they may go and symbolize on the world championship. My physician suggested me to relaxation however the love for the game saved me going and I ran away from the hospital, took the prepare by working a dash of 100m and fainted within the prepare. My mother and father instructed me to return again however I used to be decided to symbolize India and so they blessed me and let me keep on.”
- Saweety acquired coaching from her coaches, Hemlata and Anaup Singh.
- In 2020, Saweety was not given a chance to take part within the Olympics qualifiers, which led her to provide you with the choice of leaving boxing and taking on kabaddi. Nevertheless, her husband suggested her to concentrate on boxing and additional worldwide boxing tournaments.
- Throughout her leisure time, Saweety likes to color and sing spiritual songs at house.
- In an interview, Saweety talked about how her father suggested her to modify from enjoying kabaddi to boxing and revealed the explanations behind taking on boxing as a profession and stated,
The rationale I selected boxing was as a result of I used to hardly speak at school however each time issues went south, I could not deal with it. I used to elucidate to them the state of affairs first and after they spoke again, I could not reply and instructed myself to maintain calm, and even after that, in the event that they did not perceive, I’d simply punch them then.”
- Saweety has a pet canine, Panther, and she or he usually shares photos of her pet on social media.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.