Rohit Sardana was a distinguished Indian journalist and tv persona who died of a coronary heart assault on April 30, 2021, after every week of contract with COVID-19. Identified for his vigorous and simple model, Sardana has hosted many common TV exhibits together with “Taal Thok Ke” on Zee Information and “Dangal” on Aaj Tak.
Wiki / Biography
Rohit Sardana was born on Saturday September 22, 1979 (age 41; on the time of dying) in Kurukshetra, Haryana. He was educated at Gita Niketan Awasiya Vidyalaya in Kurukshetra. After finishing his research, he attended the Guru Jambeshwar College of Science and Know-how in Hisar, Haryana, the place he pursued a grasp’s diploma in mass communication. .
Top (approx): 5 ′ 10 ″
Hair coloration: Black
Eye color: Black
Dad and mom and siblings
Rohit Sardana is survived by his mom and a brother who’s a pc engineer.
Lady and youngsters
Rohit Sardana was married to Niti Chaudhary.
He’s survived by two daughters.
When Rohit was pursuing his Masters in Mass Communication at Guru Jambeshwar College of Science and Know-how in Hisar, he moved to Delhi to work as an intern at ETV Community, the place he was supplied a job whereas he was in his final semester. Beforehand, he labored as an announcer at All India Radio. He later labored as a video toaster editor beneath a Japanese crew for 5 months. Quickly Sardana started to anchor the publication at 10 p.m. for ETV Community. After working with ETV Community for nearly a 12 months, Sardana left the community in 2003. Apparently when he left ETV he was paid Rs. 72,000 / month. Between 2003 and 2004, he labored with Sahara Samay as an assistant producer. In 2004, Rohit Sardana joined Zee Information, the place he continued to work in numerous capacities together with editor, presenter, information anchor and host. Whereas working with Zee Information, he turned very talked-about for internet hosting “Taal Thok Ke”, a program based mostly on modern points in India. He has additionally hosted quite a few cricket-based exhibits on Zee Information, and he has coated many common cricket-based occasions, together with the ICC World Cup. In 2017, he left Zee Information to hitch Aaj Tak, the place he hosted quite a few prime-time exhibits, together with Dangal, a chat present.
- ENBA award for one of the best anchor
- Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Prize for Hindi Journalism
- Kalam Prize for Innovation in Governance (KIGA) in 2019
In November 2017, scores of Muslim protesters led by Anjuman-e-Imamia, a Shia Muslim group, surrounded the India Right this moment and Aaj Tak constructing in Bangalore in retaliation for a derogatory tweet from Rohit Sardana. On November 16, 2017, Sardana posted a tweet by which he requested why the title of “ Horny ” was solely given to a Hindu goddess and to not different non secular figures whereas referring to the ladies of Islam and Christianity, together with the spouse of Prophet Muhammad Ayesha, his daughter Fatima and Mary, the mom of Jesus Christ. After Sardana’s tweet, a collection of protests erupted throughout the nation, demanding critical motion in opposition to the journalist.
On April 30, 2021, on the age of 41, Rohit Sardana died of cardiac arrest whereas present process therapy at a personal hospital in Noida. Beforehand, he had examined constructive for COVID-19. On April 29, 2021, after his scenario deteriorated, he was rushed to Metro Multispecialty Hospital in Noida, the place he died the following morning whereas present process therapy. On April 24, 2021, Sardana tweeted that he had examined constructive for COVID-19.
The take a look at was executed every week in the past after the onset of fever and different signs. RTPCR was detrimental however Kovid was confirmed by CTScan. Now the situation is best than earlier than. Deal with your self and your loved ones. pic.twitter.com/mq4fC9HQ9L
– Rohit Sardana (@sardanarohit) April 24, 2021
Earlier than saying Rohit’s dying, the India Right this moment group first knowledgeable Rohit’s household of his disappearance after which they shared the information with the general public. Later, Zee Information chief Sudhir Chaudhary tweeted about Sardana’s dying. In his tweet, Sudhir Chaudhary wrote that it was past his creativeness that the virus would take a cherished one.
A bit prior to now @capt_ivane I obtained a name. Listening to what he mentioned, my palms trembled. There was information of the dying of our buddy and colleague Rohit Sardana. This virus by no means imagined that somebody would come and get us so shut. God has injustice.
– Sudhir Chaudhary (@sudhirchaudhary) April 30, 2021
Whereas confirming the information on Aaj Tak that Sardana was not, Chitra Tripathi broke on the air.
Details / Trivia
- Previous to becoming a member of ETV Community, Rohit Sardana accomplished anchor coaching in Hyderabad for 5 months; a Japanese crew skilled him at anchor in Hyderabad.
- Whereas working as an intern at ETV Community, he was solely paid Rs. 3,200 as a stipend. In an interview, Sardana mentioned he needed to borrow rupees. 5,500 from his father every month to outlive in Delhi.
- He realized Gujarati to cowl the 2002 Gujarat Meeting elections.
- Apparently, Sardana by no means performed cricket and he hosted many cricket-based exhibits on Zee Information.
- Rohit Sardana was an lively person of social media and had thousands and thousands of followers on social media, the place he usually interacted together with his followers.
- Even a day earlier than his disappearance, Rohit Sardana continued to cheer on his colleagues and amplify Covid-related posts on Twitter.
– Rohit Sardana (@sardanarohit) April 29, 2021