Revathi is an Indian actress and director. She works in Tamil, Malayalam, and Telugu movies. Revathi has been one of many prime actresses in South-Indian cinema. She was awarded the Finest Actress Filmfare Award for her efficiency within the movies Mann Vasanai (1983), Thevar Magan (1992), Anjali (1990), Ankuram (1993), and Kakothi Kaavil Appoopan Thadigal (1988). In 1992, she was awarded the Nationwide Award for Finest Actress for the movie ‘Thevar Magan.’
Revathi was born as Asha Kelunni on Friday, 8 July 1966 (age 55 years; as of 2021) in Kochi. She accomplished her education in Chennai, Tamilnadu.
Peak (approx.): 5′ 3″
Weight (approx.): 67kg
Hair Coloration: Black
Eye Coloration: Black
Physique Measurements (approx.): 36-29-38
Revathi belongs to a Malayalam household.
Mother and father & Siblings
Revathi’s father’s title is Malank Kelunni and her mom’s title is Lalitha Kelunni. Her father was a significant within the Indian Military. She has a youthful sister named Bindu, and a cousin named Geetha Vijayan. Geetha can also be an Indian actress who works in Hindi, Tamil, and Malayalam films.
Husband & Youngsters
Her husband was Suresh Chandra Menon, who’s an Indian actor, cinematographer, and movie director in Tamil and Malayalam language movies. Revathi married Suresh in 1986. They didn’t have any youngsters. After going through some variations of their married life, they each obtained separated in 2002. Revathi and Suresh Menon then filed for divorce mutually in entrance of the court docket. In 2013, Revathi obtained divorced in a household court docket in Chennai. She revealed in an interview on her forty eighth birthday that she is the organic mom of her daughter and he or she used the IVF methodology to conceive. Revathi named her candy daughter Mahee.
Revathi’s debut movie is an Indian Tamil language romantic drama movie named Mann Vasanai in 1983. She additionally appeared in an Indian Malayalam language drama movie Kattathe Kilikkoodu in 1983. Revathi was one of many main actresses in South India from 1983 to 1986. In 1984, she acted in an Indian Telugu language drama movie Seethamma Pelli. This film was later dubbed into Malayalam language with the title Thennal Thedunna Poovu. In 1993, she labored together with her husband in a Tamil Language thriller movie Pudhiya Mugam. Revathi’s upcoming film is Main, which will probably be launched in June 2022.
Revathi additionally portrayed a task of a blind in an Indian Tamil language movie Kai Kodukkum Kai.
In 2022, Revathi directed a Bollywood comedy-drama film during which the actress Kajol performed the lead function. Kajol was delighted to listen to the story of the film The Final Hurrah. She quoted,
I feel it is an attractive journey and it deserves to be shared with everybody. And to have Revathy direct me for this story provides me extra power to play Sujata and showcase her strengths.”
Revathi is a skilled Bharatanatyam dancer, and he or she began studying dancing at seven. She carried out her debut on-stage efficiency as a former scholar of Indian classical dance and music in Chennai in 1979. Her mom and Ranganayaki Jayaraman have been her mentors. She additionally gave many on stage performances even when she was rising as an actress. Revathi had to surrender her ardour for dancing due to some causes. After a niche of 15 years, Revathi carried out solo on Sri Saraswathy Gana Nilayam’s eightieth anniversary. In an interview when requested about dancing, Revathi quoted,
Dance has at all times been my ardour. I started dancing once I was seven; my arangetram was in 1979… 40 years now!
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Her debut movie, “Mann Vasanai,” gained the Filmfare Particular Award- South in 1983.
- Revathi gained the Cinema Categorical Award for Finest Telugu Actress for her movie, “Seethamma Pelli.”
- She has gained the Finest Actress Award – Tamil for her films Thevar Magan, Marupadiyum, and Priyanka respectively for the three consecutive years (1992 – 1994).
- Revathi earned the Filmfare Award for Finest Actress – Malayalam for the film Kakkothikkavile Appooppan Thaadikal.
- She has gained the Nationwide Movie Award for Finest Supporting Actress for the movie Thevar Magan.
- Revathi gained the Filmfare Award for Finest Actress – Telugu for a Telugu language drama movie Ankuram.
- She has additionally gained the Nationwide awards from the Movie Followers Affiliation, the Tamil Nadu State Authorities, Cinema Categorical, and different organizations.
- Her movie Crimson Constructing the place the Solar Units gained the Nationwide Movie Award for the Finest Non-Characteristic Movie on household welfare.
- In 1990, she gained the Finest Tamil Actress award for the film Kizhakku Vaasal.
- In 1992, Revathi gained the Finest Malayalam Actress Award for the film Kilukkam.
- In 1994, Revathi gained the Cinema Categorical Award for Finest Actress – Tamil for the film En Aasai Machan.
- In 1998, she gained the Particular Prize for Finest Actress for an Indian Tamil language movie Thalaimurai.
- In 2002, her film gained the Finest English Movie of the yr award on the forty ninth Nationwide Movie Awards.
- Revathi gained the Finest Supporting Actress award for the film Thevar Magan in 1992.
- Alia Bhatt developed a mother-daughter relationship with the South-Indian Actress Revathi whereas taking pictures for the movie Two States in 2014. Alia quoted that,
In direction of the top of the movie, I ended up making a mother-daughter relationship with Revathi maam. The best way she would maintain my head, contact my face, I used to get and really feel that motherly heat together with her. What I additionally realized is that being with an actor like her solely made me a greater actor.”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.