Puri Jagannadh is an Indian filmmaker identified for his work in Telugu, Hindi, and Kannada movies. He has labored in additional than forty movies in his profession span.
Puri Jagannadh was born on Wednesday, 28 September 1966 (age 56 years; as of 2022) in Pithapuram, Andhra Pradesh. He hails from Bapiraju Kothapalli village in Anakapalli district, Andhra Pradesh. He did his education at St. Theresa Excessive Faculty, Pedda Boddapalli. He acquired a bachelor’s diploma from AMAL Faculty, Anakapalli, Andhra Pradesh in 1986.
Top (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 65kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
He belongs to a Hindu household.
Dad and mom & Siblings
His father’s identify is Mr Simhachalam, he died in 2010. He has two youthful brothers, Petla Uma Sankara Ganesh, who’s an MLA from YSR Congress Get together, and, Sairam Shankar, who’s an actor.
Spouse & Kids
He acquired married to Lavanya on 6 September 1996. The couple has two youngsters, a son named Akash, and a daughter named Pavithra. His son Akash is an actor, who made his performing debut in a lead position with the Telugu movie ‘Mehbooba’ in 2018.
In an interview, Puri Jagannadh talked about his love story and revealed how he proposed to Lavanya for marriage. He mentioned that he proposed to Lavanya by giving her his visiting card. He additionally revealed that firstly of their relationship, he hesitates to satisfy her as he didn’t have a lot cash at the moment. Sharing an incident with the media, he revealed that after he took Lavanya to a restaurant the place she ordered rooster biryani and he acquired apprehensive in regards to the invoice as he had no cash. He additional revealed that he acquired married in a easy method in a temple as he did not need to waste his dad or mum’s cash on a lavish/magnificent marriage.
Puri Jagannadh made his directorial debut with the Telugu movie ‘Badri’ in 2000. He additionally wrote the story, screenplay, and dialogue of the movie.
In 2001, he made his debut within the Kannada movie trade as a director with the movie ‘Yuvaraja’ which is a remake of the Telugu movie ‘Thammudu.’
In 2002, he labored as a director, story author, and screenplay author for the Kannada movie ‘Appu.’
In the identical yr, he made a Telugu remake of the movie with the title ‘Fool.’ In 2004, he debuted in Bollywood with the movie ‘Shart: The Problem’ through which he labored as a director, story author, and screenplay author. The movie is a remake of his directorial debut movie ‘Badri.’ In 2011, he directed and wrote the story for the Bollywood movie ‘Bbuddah… Hoga Terra Baap’ starring Amitabh Bachchan, and the movie later was archived within the Oscar library.
Another Telugu movies through which he labored as a director, story author, screenplay author, dialogue author, and producer embrace the Telugu movie ‘Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi’ (2003), ‘143’ (2004), ‘Pokiri’ (2006 ), ‘Coronary heart Assault’ (2014), ‘Mehbooba’ (2018), ‘iSmart Shankar’ (2019), and ‘Liger’ (2022). The movie ‘Liger’ can also be made within the Hindi language.
Other than filmmaker, he additionally featured as an actor in just a few Telugu movies. He performed the position of a taxi driver within the movie ‘Businessman’ (2012). In 2015, he appeared as a biker within the movie ‘Mood.’ He performed the position of Govardhan within the blockbuster movie ‘Godfather’ in 2022. He additionally made a cameo look in some movies together with ‘Ye Maaya Chesave’ (2010), ‘Ism’ (2016), ‘iSmart Shankar’ (2019), and ‘Liger’ (2022).
Questioned by ED
In November 2022, congress chief Bakka Judson filed a grievance to Enforcement Directorate (ED) in opposition to Puri Jagannadh and Charmme Kaur over the funding for the movie ‘Liger.’ In response to Bakka Judson, the cash invested within the movie was black. The filmmakers had been accused by ED of violating the FEMA norms as/after they discovered that the cash invested within the movie was first despatched to Dubai and later returned as funding for the movie.
Made a controversial remark over marriage
In September 2020, Puri Jagannadh made a controversial touch upon the concept of marriage and known as it ‘outdated’ on his podcast present titled ‘Puri Musings.’ Whereas speaking about marriage in his podcast present, Jagannadh mentioned that if somebody desires to realize a giant aim in life then they need to not marry. Citing the varied examples, together with of Lord Buddha, he mentioned,
It was solely after leaving his spouse that Prince Siddhartha grew to become Buddha. Should you’re aggressive in direction of your work, do not get married.”
Filed a grievance over withheld compensation
In 2017, Puri Jagannadh filed a grievance with the Andhra Pradesh Movie Administrators Affiliation (APFDA) in opposition to the producer DVV Danayya, who denied him to pay his remuneration. In response to some sources, Danayya is accused of paying a withheld quantity of Rs 4.5 crore to Puri Jagannadh.
Acquired loss of life threats
In October 2022, after the failure of his huge-budgeted movie ‘Liger,’ the distributors of the movie threatened the filmmaker and requested him to repay the loss bore by them as a result of failure of the movie. The distributor additionally protested in entrance of Jagannadh’s home in Mumbai and gave him loss of life threats after which the filmmaker requested for police safety. Puri Jagannadh claimed that he did not cheat anybody besides his viewers. He additionally wrote a letter through which he talked in regards to the failure of the movie.
— 𝐕𝐚𝐦𝐬𝐢𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐤𝐚𝐫 (@UrsVamsiShekar) October 30, 2022
- In 2001, he gained Nandi Award for Greatest Story Author for the movie ‘Itlu Sravani Subramanyam’ (2001).
- In 2003, he gained Nandi Award for Greatest Dialogue Author for the Telugu movie ‘Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi’ (2003).
- In 2006, he acquired three awards for his movie ‘Pokiri,’ Filmfare Award for Greatest Director – Telugu, Santosham Greatest Director Award, and ‘Nandi Award for Greatest In style Characteristic Movie.’
- In 2008, he was awarded Nandi Award for Greatest Dialogue Author for his Telugu movie ‘Neninthe’ (2008).
- In 2012, he acquired the Santosham Greatest Director Award for the Telugu movie ‘Businessman.’ He was additionally nominated for SIIMA Award for Greatest Director – Telugu for the movie.
- He was honored with the KVReddy award by Yuva Kala Vahini for his movie ‘Pokiri.’
- After finishing his research, Jagannadh began his profession as an assistant director of assistant director to the famend filmmaker Ram Gopal Verma for varied Telugu movies.
- In 2002, he launched the well-known actor Puneeth Rajkumar in his movie ‘Appu’ which proved a breakthrough for the actor.
- He additionally co-owns manufacturing corporations, Puri Jagannadh Touring Talkies, Vaishno Academy, and Puri Connects, which is in partnership with Charmme Kaur, who’s a former actor and movie producer.
- He’s additionally the proprietor of the music firm Puri Sangeet.
- He runs a podcast present titled ‘Puri Musings’ that he uploads on his YouTube channel.