Nadiya Moidu is an Indian actress, identified for her work in Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam movies.
Nadiya Moidu was born as Zareena Moidu on Monday, 24 October 1966 (age 55 years; as of 2022) in Sion, Mumbai. Her zodiac signal is Scorpio. She accomplished her main training at The JB Vachha Excessive Faculty for Parsi Women, Mumbai. She did her pre-university diploma at Sir Jamsetjee Jeejeebhoy Faculty of Artwork, Mumbai. After her marriage, she moved to the US, the place she acquired her affiliate diploma in Media Administration and BA in Communication Arts – Radio & Tv. She labored there as a Information Reader for American Broadcasting Company. In 2000, she acquired promoted and shifted to London, the place she labored as Information Reader for London BBC. In 2007, she returned to India and began residing in Mumbai together with her household.
Peak (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 55kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Black
Determine Measurements (approx.): 32-28-36
She belongs to a Malayali household.
Dad and mom & Siblings
Her father, NK Moidu, is a Muslim and belongs to Thalassery, Kerala. Her mom, Lalitha, is a Hindu, and he or she hails from Thiruvalla, Pathanamthitta district, Kerala. She has a youthful sister.
Husband & Kids
Nadiya Moidu acquired married to Shirish Godbole in 1989. Her husband is a former chief advisor of the Federation of American Banks. The couple has two daughters, Sanam and Jana.
Nadiya Moidu made her appearing debut in 1984, with a Malayalam movie, “Nokkethadhoorathu Kannum Nattu,” alongside Mohanlal and Padmini.
In 1985, she made her Tamil debut with the movie “Poove Poochudava,” which was the remake of “Nokkethadhoorathu Kannum Nattu.”
She made her Telugu debut with the movie “Bazaar Rowdy” in 1988.
After shifting to the US, she labored in lots of movies on the situation that the capturing of the movies have to be accomplished inside the time interval of her go away. She labored within the Tamil movies, “Chinna Madam” (1994) and “Rajakumaran” (1994), on the identical situation. Later, she took a break from the cinema for nearly a decade, and made her comeback in 2004, with the Tamil movie “M. Kumaran Son of Mahalakshmi.”
Aside from Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam movies, Moidu acted in an Indian English language movie “Surprise Ladies” in 2022, streaming on SonyLIV.
A few of her hottest movies embody the Tamil movie “Nilave Malare” (1986), the Tamil movie “Anbulla Appa” (1987), the Telugu movie “Attarintiki Daredi” (2013), the Telugu movie “Ghani” (2022), and the Malayalam movie “Bheeshma Parvam” (2022).
Quick Movie & Anthology Sequence
In 2021, Nadiya appeared in a Malayalam quick movie, “Oru Paathiraa Swapnam Pole,” reverse Garggi Ananthan. In 2022, she labored in a five-episodic anthology collection “Putham Pudhu Kaalai Vidiyaadhaa” reverse Joju George, which premiered on Amazon Prime Video on January 14, 2022.
In 2010, Nadiya made her tv debut by internet hosting the TV present “Jackpot,” on Jaya TV. She appeared as a choose within the Malayalam TV present, “Veruthe Alla Bharya” (2015), which aired on Mazhavil Manorama, and “Comedy Stars Season 2” (2019), which aired on Asianet. She made a cameo look in some episodes of the Tamil TV present, “Roja.”
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Filmfare Award for Greatest Actress – Malayalam for the movie “Nokkethadhoorathu Kannum Nattu”
- Nandi Award for Greatest Supporting Actress for the movie “Attarintiki Daredi”
- TSR – TV9 Nationwide Movie Award for Greatest Supporting Actress for the movie “Attarintiki Daredi”
- JFW Achievers Award in 2022
- Filmfare Award for Greatest Actress – Tamil for the movie “Poove Poochudava”
- Filmfare Award for Greatest Actress – Tamil for the movie “Nilave Malare”
- Filmfare Award for Greatest Actress – Tamil for the movie “Anbulla Appa”
- Filmfare Award for Greatest Supporting Actress – Tamil for the movie “M. Kumaran Son of Mahalakshmi”
- Filmfare Award for Greatest Supporting Actress – Telugu for the movie “Attarintiki Daredi”
- SIIMA Award for Greatest Supporting Actress – Telugu for the movie “Attarintiki Daredi”
- Filmfare Award for Greatest Supporting Actress – Telugu for the movie “Drushyam”
- SIIMA Award for Greatest Supporting Actress – Telugu for the movie “Drushyam”
- SIIMA Award for Greatest Supporting Actress – Telugu for the movie “A…Aa”
- Nadiya Moidu is the model ambassador for Arokya Milk and Thangamayil Jewelry.
- After coming into the movie Business, she modified her identify from Zareena to Nadiya, as there was one other actress with the identical identify within the business at the moment. In an interview, she talked about how she acquired this identify and stated,
I acquired the identify Nadiya, after I acted within the movie ‘Nokketha Doorath Kannum Natt’. I’ve heard that it was Fazil uncle’s (director) sister-in-law who recommended this identify. At that instances, Zarina Wahab was within the business, so that they determined to vary my identify to keep away from confusion. Even now, these exterior the movie business establish me as Zareena.”
- Nadiya Moidu prefers to look at Hindi movies over South Indian movies.
- In an interview, she revealed that she was provided the lead function within the Bollywood movie “Maine Pyar Kiya,” starring Salman Khan, however she rejected the movie as she was busy doing South Indian movies.
- Nadiya Moidu needed to work in Marathi movies. Sharing her need to work in Marathi movies throughout an interview, she stated,
As I used to be born and introduced up in Mumbai, so I want to give them a Marathi film in return.”
- In a photograph shoot for Naam Basis, Nadiya Moidu posed to recreate one of many work of Raja Ravi Verma.
- Nadiya Moidu was dubbed in Telugu for the primary time for the movie “Ante Sundaraniki.”