Munawwar Rana is a world-renowned Indian poet who writes in Hindi, Urdu, and Awadhi languages. He’s greatest identified for his poetry e-book Maa, a set of couplets that describe a mom’s advantage.
Munawwar Rana was born as Sayed Munawwar Ali on Wednesday, 26 November 1952 (age 70 years; as of 2022) in Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh. His zodiac signal is Sagittarius. After the Partition of India, most of his family members migrated to Pakistan, however his father determined to remain in India. Thereafter, his household moved to Kolkata, West Bengal, the place he did his education and spent most of his life.
Later, he began residing in Lucknow. After the federal government abolished the Zamindari system, his father began a transport enterprise. In Kolkata, Munawwar befriended some Naxalites. When his father found his inclination in the direction of Naxalism, he threw Munawwar out of the home. Within the following two years, Munawwar was a refugee, who ran hither and thither with none function in life. As soon as he stated that these two years have been a studying interval for him throughout which he realized loads about human values and life.
Top (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Color: Grey (half bald)
Eye Color: Mild Brown
He belongs to a Muslim household.
Dad and mom & Siblings
His father, Anwar Ali (deceased), was a Zamindar within the British Raj. His mom’s identify is Ayesha Khatoon. Nonetheless, when the federal government abolished the zamindari system, his father began a transport enterprise. Munawar has six siblings, 5 brothers, Ismail Rana, Yadhya Rana (deceased), Rafe Rana, Shakeel Rana, and Jameel Rana, and 1 sister, Shaheen Rana. Ismail Rana, was a theater artist.
Spouse & Youngsters
His son Tabrez Rana was booked in 2021 for allegedly faking an assault on himself to implicate his uncles over a property dispute within the Rae Bareli district.
His daughter Uroosa Imran Rana is a politician and chief editor at Sindhu occasions newspaper. She joined the Indian Nationwide Congress (INC) in 2021, and shortly after, she was nominated as vice-president of the UP Mahila Congress. She contested and misplaced the Purwa Meeting seat in 2022.
His daughter, Sumaiya Rana, can also be a politician who joined Samajwadi Get together in 2020. Saumaiya made headlines when police circumstances have been lodged in opposition to her in the course of the anti-CAA protests in Lucknow.
His daughter, Fauzia Rana, is a politician and a member of the INC.
He follows Islam.
He writes in Hindi, Urdu, and Awadhi languages. One among his well-known works contains the e-book Maa, a set of brief poems offered within the Ghazal style to extol a mom’s virtues. A verse from the e-book reads,
किसी को घर मिला हिस्से में या कोई दुकाँ आई
(Kisi ko ghar mila hoist mein, ya koi dukaan aayi,
hand ghar mein sab se chhota tha, mom hoist mein maa aayi)
In 2014, he received Sahitya Akademi Award for his poetry e-book Shahdaba, which featured 30 Ghazals, 40 Nazms, and a tune. The very first ghazal of the e-book learn,
आँखों को इंतज़ार की भट्टी पे रख दिया
मैंने दिये को आँधी की मर्ज़ी पे रख दिया
अहबाब का सुलूक भी कितना अजीब था
A few of his different works embrace the poetry books Muhajirnama, Ghar Akela Ho Gaya and Pipal Chhaon. Rana’s poetry has additionally been translated and revealed in Gurumukhi and Bangla.
Munawwar Rana is mostly linked with the Indian Nationwide Congress (INC). He additionally wrote poetry on Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, which was featured in his e-book Sahitya Akademi Award-winning e-book Shahdaba. Rana got here beneath public scrutiny for some time for siding with the political celebration through his poetry. Nonetheless, Rana, on quite a few events, has clarified that he had no real interest in politics. In 2022, Congress fielded his daughter Uroosa Imran Rana from the Purwa Meeting constituency, however she misplaced.
Returning the Sahitya Akademi Award
In 2015, Rana made headlines for returning the Sahitya Akademi Award together with a one lakh rupees money prize and vowed by no means to just accept any authorities award in future. He introduced his determination throughout a debate on the TV in New Delhi citing that he was upset with the current developments within the nation. He blamed the communalism within the nation and stated,
I’m a Muslim and a few could label me as a Pakistani. Many areas on this nation would not have an electrical energy connection however Muslims listed here are linked to Dawood Ibrahim”
Objectionable Feedback In opposition to CJI Ranjan Gogoi
In 2020, Rana made a extremely objectionable remark in opposition to the previous Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi whereas commenting on the Supreme Courtroom verdict on the Ram Janmbhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case. Rana stated that “it was not justice, it was an order.” Rana additionally questioned Gogoi’s nomination to Rajya Sabha after his retirement in the meantime accusing Gogoi of allegedly “promoting himself for lower than a prostitute” to ship the Ayodhya verdict.
Criticized for Supporting the Homicide of Samuel Paty
On October 16, 2020, a French secondary faculty instructor named Samuel Paty was beheaded by an Islamic terrorist in Éragny-sur-Oise, a suburb of Paris. Allegedly, Paty had proven his college students Charlie Hebdo’s 2012 cartoons portraying a picture of the Islamic prophet Muhammad bare together with his genitals uncovered in a category on the subject of ‘freedom of expression.’ Within the aftermath of the occasion, a video of Rana went viral on the web during which he was allegedly discovered supporting the Homicide of Samuel Paty for showcasing two caricatures of Prophet Muhammad from the pages of Charlie Hebdo. A day after the video went viral on the web, the UP authorities lodged an FIR in opposition to Rana on the Hazratganj police station, reserving him beneath numerous expenses together with selling enmity between teams and outraging spiritual emotions with deliberate intent.
Criticized for Favoring the Taliban
In 2021, he stirred controversy for refusing to acknowledge the Taliban as a terrorist group. He stated,
India has no cause to fret from Taliban in Afghanistan. Taliban usually are not terrorists, they are often referred to as aggressive.”
When requested in regards to the Taliban’s act of destroying Buddha statues in Bamiyan, Rana stated,
Yahan Ram Mandir banana ke liye masjid tod diya…usko kya kahiega…koi pak nahi hai
(What do it’s important to say a few mosque being destroyed to constructed a Ram Temple. Nobody is sacred sufficient).”
Accused of Stealing the Strains of Poet Alok Srivastava
In 2020, Rana was accused of stealing strains of his well-known couplet “Mere Hisse Most important Maa Aayi” from Vidisha poet Alok Srivastava. Senior Doordarshan journalist Ashok Srivastav shared a letter on his Twitter account, reportedly written by poet Alok Srivastav to Maunnawar Rana in 2003. Within the letter, poet Alok Srivastav elaborated on how Rana had been utilizing his strains regardless of being reminded of the plagiarism many occasions.
Booked for Evaluating Maharishi Valmiki To Taliban
In 2021, A case was registered in Madhya Pradesh’s Guna in opposition to Rana for allegedly evaluating the militant Taliban group with Maharishi Valmiki, the writer of the epic Ramayana. He was booked beneath IPC’s Sections 505 (2) (public mischief) and the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act at Hazratganj police station at Lucknow in UP. Rana on a TV channel stated,
Valmiki grew to become a God after he wrote the Ramayana, earlier than he was a dacoit. An individual’s character can change. Equally, the Taliban, for now, are terrorists however individuals and characters change. If you discuss Valmiki, you’ll have to discuss his previous. In your faith, you make anybody God. However he was a author, and he wrote the Ramayana, however we aren’t in competitors right here.”
Rana’s assertion damage Hindu spiritual emotions. Later, Rana’s lawyer tried to persuade the bench that no offense was meant as a result of it was his freedom of speech.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Rais Amrohvi Award, Raebareli (1993)
- Saleem Jafri Award (1997)
- Saraswati Samaj Award (2004)
- Kavita ka Kabir Samman Upadhi, Indore (2006)
- Maulana Abdul Razzaq Malihabadi Award (2011) by West Bengal Urdu Academy
- Maati Ratan Samman (2012) by Shaheed Shodha Sansthan for his providers to Urdu literature
- Sahitya Akademi Award (2014) for his poetry e-book Shahdaba (He returned this award on 18 October 2015 on a reside TV present, and vowed to by no means settle for any authorities award in future.)
- Shayar(s): Wali Aasi, Rahat Indori
- In 2019, information about Munawwar Rana’s demise went viral on social media. He was admitted to the Sanjay Gandhi Publish Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGI) after he collapsed and failed with chest ache. Throughout a mushaira, after he was nicely, he talked about his deteriorated well being and hospital visits and offered the Shayari,
ऐसा ऊढू के जाल ना आए खुदा करे, रास्ते मे अस्पता लनाआएखुदाकरे
अब उससे दोस्ती है तो फिर दोस्ती ही रहे, शीशे मे कोई बाल ना आए खुदा करे”
(Aise uddu, ke jaal na aaye khuda kre, raste mein hasptaal naa aaye khuda kre,
abb uss’se dosti hai toh phir dosti rahe, sheeshe mein koyi baal naa aaye khuda kre.)
- The acclaimed poet actively took half within the anti-CAA protests. At the moment, he usually made headlines for his daring stance on contentious points just like the Babri Masjid case and insurance policies of the governments on the Heart and within the state.
- He grew to become fascinated by the town of Lucknow on his first go to, he has change into his favourite metropolis. There, he made acquaintance with the Ghazal Shayar Wali Aasi and began studying poetry beneath his mentorship. Rana credit his poetry expertise to Wali Aasi.
- In 2020, Munawwar Rana despatched a letter to PM Modi expressing willingness to donate his ancestral 5.5-acre land subsequent to river Sai in Rae Bareli, for the development of a grand Babri Masjid. He stated that the five-acre land in Dhannipur village sanctioned by the federal government in lieu of Babri Masjid, needs to be used for constructing a hospital within the identify of King Dashrath, the daddy of Lord Ram.
- His hobbies embrace flying kites and listening to classical Indian music.
- Munawwar Rana often smokes cigarettes.
- As soon as he stated that if Yogi Adityanath’s authorities once more got here into energy in 2022 Uttar Pradesh Legislative Meeting election, he would depart the state. He gave the assertion,
If Yogi turns into the chief minister once more, then I’ll assume that the state is not match for Muslims to reside and I should migrate to another place.”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.