Kosovo Prime Minister Albin Kurti, who spoke on the invitation of the Austrian Carl Renner Institute in Vienna in regards to the thought of unification with Albania, attainable recognition of Kosovo by Spain, the Washington Settlement and the brand new US administration, stated that the Kosovo Declaration of Independence was not meant as independence from Albania, however as liberation from Serbia “.
Kurti identified that his objective and thought was to not “provoke conflict or provoke undemocratic conflicts of any form” to unite Albania and Kosovo.
– On this subject, I need to emphasize the truth that the Declaration of Independence of Kosovo was by no means conceived as independence from Albania, however as liberation from Serbia, and we are going to always remember that. So, all Albanians who would love this union, they don’t seem to be in opposition to anybody and it’s not our intention to make us greater, however to contribute to betterment and freedom, that’s, as an expression of freedom, and never as an expression of aggression. As Prime Minister, on this time period I acquired a ‘ticket’ for work and justice and these are my first and most necessary priorities – stated Kurti.
In the case of a attainable transfer by Spain relating to the opening of the Workplace for Commerce and Tradition in Pristina, Kurti assessed that it’s a step in the precise path.
– I consider that Spain ought to go within the path of Slovakia and Greece, which acknowledge the Kosovo passport, and with the progressive authorities, I’m optimistic that these indicators we see from Spain are in the precise path and that we will count on some optimistic modifications quickly – stated Kurti.
He additional referred to the Washington settlement, which he stated had optimistic parts, corresponding to recognition by Israel.
– As for the Washington settlement, there are various parts in that settlement, I’m not saying that none of them is sweet, for instance, mutual recognition with Israel is optimistic, however once more I need to say that the bilateral obligations of Kosovo and Serbia from September 4 final yr had been extra a tactical transfer by the Trump administration earlier than the election there. In these factors of the settlement, I see an effort for a fast answer that might assist the worldwide picture of the previous president and native politics, as a substitute of serving to Kosovo and Serbia to progress – he believes.
Kurti expressed optimism relating to the brand new American president and added that he thinks that the scenario is totally different for the higher now.
– After all, President Biden might be the chief for the progressives on this planet, should you have a look at his program, he’s a Social Democrat and I believe that’s what we’d like, for instance. for local weather change, employees’ rights, ladies’s rights, so I’m far more optimistic now as a result of first we all know who President Biden is, and secondly for his program – stated the Prime Minister of Kosovo.
He additionally talked about the thought of exchanging territories, which he stated had undoubtedly failed, however didn’t imply he was lifeless.
– I rejected the thought of exchanging territories between Kosovo and Serbia, as a result of that meant new conflicts and bloodshed. The objective was the division of Kosovo, not change. I believe that the dialogue between Kosovo and Serbia ought to be transformative for folks’s lives. I consider that the Republic of Kosovo should defend itself as a state and the folks of Kosovo won’t settle for the thought of exchanging territories. I’m not saying that the thought of exchanging territories and dividing Kosovo is lifeless, however the concept turned a undertaking has undoubtedly failed – stated Kurti.