Anil Anna Gote is an Indian journalist, politician, and businessman who has served thrice as an MLA within the Maharashtra Legislative Meeting. He turned viral after being named as accused within the Stamp Paper Rip-off carried out by Abdul Karim Telgi.
Anil Anna Gote aka Anil Umrao Gote was born in Dhule, Maharashtra, India. As per one supply, he was born on Saturday, 24 Could 1947 (age 76 years; as of 2023), and as per one other supply, he was born on Monday, 24 Could 1948 (age 75 years; as of 2023). His zodiac signal is Gemini. He studied until eleventh customary at Maharashtra Vidyalaya & Junior School, Pune until 1964. He pursued a Diploma in Civil Engineering (DCE) on the Authorities Technical Institute, Kolhapur until 1966. He later pursued a profession in journalism.
Peak (approx.): 5′ 9″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Color: Gray
Eye Color: Black
He belongs to a middle-class household.
Dad and mom & Siblings
His father’s title was Umrao Talaji Gote.
Spouse & Youngsters
His spouse, Hema Anil Gote, can be a politician who has served as Mayor of Dhule and likewise contested Dhule Legislative elections in 2004. He has a son named Tejas Gote who’s married to Sandhya Gote.
He follows Hinduism.
Home no. 1321, Lane no. 4, Khol Galli, Dhule, Maharashtra – 424001
After finishing his formal training, Anil began working as a journalist. He labored for a lot of reputed media homes and fashioned private connections with varied politicians together with George Fernandes and Gopinath Munde.
Anil Gote was intently related to the Shetkari Sanghatana Motion, a farmer’s union based mostly in Kolhapur. He later turned a member of the Samajwadi Janata Celebration (Rashtriya) (SJP(R)), additionally referred to as as Janata Dal (Socialist) and have become MLA within the Maharashtra Legislative Meeting for the primary time from Dhule Metropolis constituency in 1999 with 2,37,423 votes. In 2004, he fielded his spouse, Hema Anil Gote, from Dhule in the course of the legislative elections; nevertheless, she misplaced. In November 2008, he fashioned his personal political occasion named Loksangram (LKSGM). In 2009, he contested legislative elections on the LKSGM ticket and once more turned MLA from Dhule Metropolis with 2,69,624 votes.
He joined the Bharatiya Janata Celebration (BJP) earlier than the 2014 legislative elections and have become MLA for the third time on the BJP ticket with 2,86,197 votes. He stop BJP earlier than the 2019 legislative elections and contested the elections on LKSGM ticket; nevertheless, he misplaced the elections; he used a whistle image in the course of the 2019 legislative elections. On 12 December 2019, he joined the Nationalist Congress Celebration.
Lok Sabha Elections
Anil Anna Gote twice contested Lok Sabha elections in 2009 and 2019 on LKSGM tickets; nevertheless, he misplaced each elections.
He entered the Actual Property enterprise after establishing Bull Hits Infrastructure Personal Restricted on 3 August 2010.
As of April 2019, Anil Gote has 8 prison circumstances registered towards him; nevertheless, he has not been convicted in any case.
- FIR no. 968/96 filed at Shivaji Park Police Station, Mumbai on 6 April 1996 below the IPC sections 447, 188, and U/S Part 3 of the Property Defacement Act
- FIR no. 135/2002 registered at Bundgarden Police Station, Pune on 7 June 2002 below the IPC sections 255, 467, 472, and U/S Part 3(1)(ii), 3(2), 3(4), 3(5), 4 of MCOCA
- FIR no. 243/2007 filed at Azadnagar Police Station, Dhule in 2007 below the IPC sections 143, 147, 148, 149, 341, 353, 334, and 427
- FIR no. 12/2017 registered at Deopur Police Station, Dhule on 16 February 2017 below the IPC sections 295, 143, 147, 448, 427, 504, and 506
- FIR no. 246/2017 filed at Metropolis Police Station, Dhule on 11 November 2017 below the IPC sections 292, 500, 509, and 34
- FIR no. 127/2017 registered at Deopur Police Station, Dhule on 8 December 2017 below the IPC sections 143, 147, 149, 504, 506, and Part 37(1)(3) of the BP Act
- FIR no. 149/2018 filed at Deopur Police Station, Dhule in 2018 below the IPC sections 147, 149, and Sec. 37(1)(3) of the BP Act
- FIR no. 11/2019 registered at Metropolis Police Station, Dhule on 8 January 2019 below the IPC sections 294, 400, and Sec 67 of I.T. Act 2000
Telgi Stamp Paper Rip-off
In 2003, Anil Gote’s title got here up in the course of the stamp paper counterfeiting rip-off carried out by Abdul Karim Telgi in varied states of India. Gote was arrested on 30 June 2003 and charged below MCOCA (Maharashtra Management of Organised Crime Act). It was later revealed that Gote used his political affect to assist Telgi get hold of a stamp vendor’s licence from the Maharashtra authorities. He was saved in custody on the Yerwada Central Jail in Pune. Investigations revealed Gote’s shut ties with Telgi because the early Nineties as Gote had made Telgi a trustee in his public belief named Kisan Belief.
It was additionally alleged that Gote had travelled with Telgi to New Delhi on the identical flight and spent just a few days within the day lodge. Reportedly, Gote was additionally a frequent customer to Telgi’s Mumbai workplace. After spending 4 years in jail, Gote was granted bail on 30 June 2007 below the 2 sureties of Rs 5 lakh every by the Particular Decide, Chitra Bhedi, of Particular MCOCA Courtroom. Gote had produced his well being reviews, claiming poor well being which was made the idea for bail. He was by no means convicted within the case.
Verbal Spat with Abu Azmi
In December 2016, Gote acquired right into a verbal duel with Maharashtra chief Abu Azmi on the entrance of the Maharashtra Legislative Meeting after a ban was imposed on Zakir Naik’s Islamic Analysis Basis. He accused Azmi of serving to anti-national folks and selling terrorist actions within the state.
Accusing BJP of corruption
Gote has accused a number of Maharashtra BJP leaders of corruption on completely different events. In August 2017, he accused a number of bureaucrats and politicians of buying lands within the areas the place authorities initiatives have been introduced with the intention to earn enormous earnings by promoting off the land to the federal government later. He additionally mentioned that he would current a listing of such folks to the Prime Minister’s Workplace (PMO). In March 20232, Gote alleged that Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis acquired Rs 10 crores from RKW Builders Restricted and Rs 10 crores from different actual property builders which, supposedly, had hyperlinks with Iqbal Memon, accused in 1993 Mumbai Blasts and confidant of Dawood Ibrahim.
Demand to Scrap Legislative Council
In March 2017, whereas talking within the Maharashtra Legislative Meeting, Gote demanded that the Maharashtra Legislative Council needs to be scrapped because it has no constitutional rights. He mentioned that solely six states in India have such legislative councils, and it serves as a option to politically please these people who find themselves rejected by the voters. A number of members of the opposition and the ruling occasion BJP criticised his remarks together with Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis who warned Gote towards making such remarks.
Vande Mataram Controversy
In July 2017, Anil Gote cited the Madras Excessive Courtroom order and mentioned that each Indian needs to be proud to sing Vande Mataram, and leaders like Abu Azmi mustn’t oppose the singing of such a patriotic tune. Abu Azmi responded by saying that the federal government mustn’t make it obligatory for everybody to sing Vande Mataram because it clashes with the spiritual beliefs of many voters.
In November 2018, Gote accused some senior leaders of the BJP of inducting politicians with prison backgrounds into the occasion and threatened that he would stop the BJP and resign as MLA on the primary day of the winter session of the Maharashtra Legislative Meeting on 19 November 2018; nevertheless, he modified his choice after a gathering with then-state BJP chief Raosaheb Danve and BJP organisational secretary.
Conspiracy Allegations towards Devendra Fadnavis
In December 2019, Gote accused Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis of constructing plans to weaken the native mass leaders of the BJP and alleged that the BJP suffered defeat within the 2019 legislative elections because of Varsha Night time Membership Gang, a jibe on the conferences at his official residence ‘Varsha.’ He mentioned that Fadnavis conspired together with his shut associates and mentioned,
Fadnavis sidelined mass leaders like Eknath Khadse, Pankaja Munde, Prakash Mehta, Raj Purohit and others and promoted the coterie of Girish Mahajan, Jaykumar Rawal, Prasad Lad, Pravin Darekar, Ram Kadam and others, who would meet at ‘Varsha’ after 10 pm on a regular basis and conspire to strengthen the native opponents of the mass leaders. I’m additionally a sufferer of such conspiracy.”
As of October 2019, he owns a Mercedes automobile price Rs 77 lakhs and a Mahindra Tractor price Rs 6 lakhs.
Gote’s earnings within the monetary yr 2018-19 was Rs 24,72,719 (approx. Rs 24 lakhs 72 thousand). It excludes the earnings of his spouse.
Property & Properties
- Financial institution Deposits: Rs. 26,340
- Bonds, Debentures, and Shares: Rs 30,000
- Motor Automobiles: Rs. 83,00,000
- Agricultural Land: Rs. 15,38,630
Observe: The given estimates of movable and immovable belongings are in response to the yr 2019. It excludes the belongings owned by his spouse.
Gote’s internet price for the monetary yr 2018-2019 was estimated to be in a deficit of Rs. 88 lakhs 46 thousand. It excludes the online price of his spouse and dependents (minors).
- Anil Gote as soon as slapped a drunk man who was beating his spouse; nevertheless, the spouse turned on Gote following which the native public beat up Gote.
- In July 2016, Gote demanded that Maharashtra’s highest award, Maharashtra Bhushan, needs to be awarded to Rajinikanth aka Shivajirao Gaikwad. He claimed that Rajinikanth hails from Kolhapur and has contributed to Marathi cinema as nicely. He additional demanded that the Maharashtra authorities ought to move a decision asking the Indian authorities to confer India’s highest civilian honour, Bharat Ratna, to Rajinikanth.
- In October 2019, earlier than the counting of votes for the Dhule Legislative Meeting constituency, he guarded the EVM strongroom in his space, claiming that he wished to keep away from any misuse of EVMs; nevertheless, he misplaced the elections.