Impressed by Ducati Corse’s MotoGP and World Superbike efforts, the brand new 2023 Ducati Panigale V4 R places up spectacular energy manufacturing numbers along with its revolutionary chassis design. The newest Desmosedici Stradale R is the large information, and there is much more to speak about, so let’s go.
- There are three ranges of efficiency for the 998cc Desmosedici Stradale R V4. The road model doles out 207 horsepower at 13,500 rpm. While you get to the monitor and set up the titanium Akrapovic racing exhaust system, the freer-breathing delivers 237 horsepower at a staggering 15,500 rpm—three horses greater than final yr. One other 3.5 horsepower is out there in case you use a particular Shell oil that reduces mechanical friction by 10 %, bringing the utmost output to 240.5 horsepower at 15,500 rpm. Torque peaks at 12,000 rpm with 82 ft-lbs produced from the road setup. That’s upped to 87 ft-lbs at 12,250 rpm with the racing exhaust.
- That further three horsepower is produced by a number of adjustments. Ranging from the start of the method, the EFI’s variable-length consumption horns are 5mm shorter, which Ducati says permits the race exhaust to breathe higher. The consumption cams are extra aggressive, with 1mm extra carry. Then, pistons are 5 grams lighter—a two % discount—and get a MotoGP-style DLC coating. Lastly, the titanium connecting rods get a 2mm gap drilled longitudinally to ship oil to the small finish. A brand new cooling fan management helps handle the warmth that comes with a lot energy, with an accent on consolation throughout avenue driving.
- The electronics, which have been overhauled in 2022, have new calibrations. Full, Excessive, Medium, and Low energy modes are all optimized for the brand new model of the Desmosedici Stradale R motor. All of it runs by a brand new Monitor Evo dashboard—tailored from MotoGP—that provides you entry to the broad vary of energy supply adjustability. For example, you’ll be able to modify the engine braking stage for every of the six gears. The track-only non-compulsory Ducati Efficiency DTC EVO 3 software program is designed to be used with slicks and racing rain tires, and takes away the road mode.
- The 2023 Ducati Panigale V4 R has the identical gearbox ratios used within the WSBK racebikes. First gear is raised 11.6 %, with 2nd gear getting a 5.6 % increased ratio. This makes 1st gear extra usable on the monitor, and tightening up the hole between 1st and 2nd helps the quickshifter work extra easily. The three further horsepower enable sixth gear to be 1.8 % increased for a sooner prime velocity.
- The brand new dry clutch is lighter, one other trickle-down from World Superbike. The diameter and axial size of the clutch are every down practically an inch, and the 1.8 kilos are lower off the burden.
- Ducati has up to date its Fast Shift software program. When you’ve the throttle huge open, the quickshifter has a “torque restitution part that ensures extra stability, which will increase lap occasions,” in response to a Ducati supply. Road riders will admire that the quickshift reduces the ignition advance and cuts the EFI when shifting at lower than full throttle.
- Ducati has massaged the Panigale V4 R’s geometry for elevated agility. The journey of the Öhlins NPX 25/30 fork is elevated by 5mm and the shock size shortened by 4mm. Nonetheless, the usual place of the swingarm pivot just isn’t the +1 place, which lifts the bike’s rear by 0.8 inches. This raises the middle of gravity, which Ducati says offers “elevated nimbleness throughout nook entry and route adjustments.”
- The shock spring fee is lowered considerably—to 80 N/nm, from 105 N/nm final yr. Based on Ducati, this facilitates weight transfers to the entrance on flip entry, which is why the fork has extra journey. The change within the swingarm pivot place provides anti-squat forces to the chassis. Additionally, the brand new spring will get a hydraulic preload adjuster.
- Aerodynamics have been up to date on the 2023 Ducati Panigale V4 R. The brand new two-element wings produce the identical load as final yr, but are 40 % smaller and half as thick. The fairing has additionally been redesigned for extra stabilization and engine cooling.
- Ergonomics are massaged, and that features a new brushed aluminum gasoline tank. Capability is elevated to 4.5 gallons, reflecting the elevated gasoline consumption of a extra highly effective motor. Ducati says the bigger tank is simpler for the rider’s legs to grip. The seat is flatter and thinner for 2023, and there is a totally different cowl to make it simpler to maneuver round on the superbike.
- Ducati Efficiency provides loads of equipment for the superbike. The Pit Cease bundle contains the DTC EVO 3 software program, tire heaters, and storage stands. Magnesium wheels will be employed, slicing 1.5 kilos of unsprung rotating mass. rhizoma labored with Ducati Corse to develop aluminum footpegs, and loads of carbon fiber will be had.
- You may’t speak about a brand new Ducati with out mentioning the graphics. This yr the R will get #1 displayed proudly. Additionally, there is a plate on the higher triple with the manufacturing variety of your bike.
- You should have all winter to arrange for the 2023 Ducati Panigale V4 R, because it will not be on showroom flooring till Spring 2023. The record value for the superbike is $44,995.
Monitor pictures by Matteo Cavadini / Alex Photo2023 Ducati Panigale V4 R SpecsENGINE
- Kind: Desmosedici Stradale 90-degree V4 w/ counter-rotating crankshaft
- Displacement: 998cc
- Bore x stroke: 81 x 48.4mm
- Compression ratio: 14.0:1
- Valvetrain: Desmodromic actuation w/ 4vpc
- Fueling: Twin injectors per cylinder
- Exhaust: 4-2-1-2 w/ 2 catalytic converters and 4 lambda probes
- Transmission: 6-speed w/ straight-cut gears and quickshifter
- Clutch: Hydraulically actuated dry multiplate w/ slipper perform
- Closing drive: Chain
- Most energy: 207 horsepower @ 13,500 rpm
- Most energy w/ full racing exhaust: 237 horsepower @ 15,500 rpm
- Most energy in full monitor setup: 240.5 horsepower @ 15,500 rpm
- Most torque: 82 ft-lbs @ 12,000 rpm
- Most torque w/ full racing exhaust: 87 ft-lbs @ 12,250 rpm
- Body: Aluminum Entrance Body
- entrance suspension; journey: Absolutely adjustable Öhlins NPX 25/30 fork w/ TiN remedy; 4.9 inches
- rear suspension; journey: Adjustable-linkage assisted absolutely adjustable Öhlins TTX 36 shock; 5.1 inches
- Wheels: 3-spoke cast aluminum (magnesium rims non-compulsory)
- Entrance wheel: 17 x 6.00
- Rear wheel: 17 x 3.50
- Tires: Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP
- Entrance tire: 120/70 x 17
- Rear tire: 200/60×17
- Entrance brakes: Semi-floating 330mm discs w/ Brembo Stylema M4.30 4-piston calipers
- Rear brake: 245mm disc w/ 2-piston caliper
- ABS: Bosch Cornering ABS Evo
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITY
- Wheelbase: 57.9 inches
- Rake: 24.5 levels
- Path: 3.9 inches
- Seat peak: 33.5 inches
- Gas capability: 4.5 gallons
- Estimated gasoline consumption: 29 mpg
- Curb weight: 427 kilos (415 kilos w/ full racing exhaust)
- Coloration: Ducati Purple
2023 Ducati Panigale V4 R Value: $44,995 MSRP