- Nissan issued a second recall discover and a stop-sale for 9-speed automatic-equipped Frontier and Titan vans between the 2020 and 2023 mannequin years.
- Based on an NHTSA defect report, a possible transmission parking pawl defect may trigger autos to roll away with the transmission in “Park”.
- The difficulty impacts 203,223 vans in whole, together with 58,767 Titans and 144,456 Frontiers.
- This newest marketing campaign expands an earlier recall that lined simply over 180,000 vans.
- 2023 Nissan Z automobiles geared up with a 9-speed automated are additionally impacted.
- Nissan is presently growing a repair, however it would start notifying house owners of the issue beginning on November 1.
- Homeowners are inspired to use the parking brake every time they park their car.
Based on latest filings with the Nationwide Freeway Visitors Security Administration (NHTSA), Nissan is increasing its recall of 2020-2023 Frontier and Titan pickups geared up with the Jatco 9-speed automated transmission. As a result of a possible defect, these vans might roll away if the transmission parking pawl fails to have interaction when positioned in “park”.
The most recent Nissan security recall impacts over 200,000 vans.
In whole, NHTSA paperwork notice 203,223 whole autos with this potential situation. Of these, the recall inhabitants breaks down like this, per a campaign bulletin sent to dealers:
- 2020-2023 Nissan Titan (A61): 58,693 (together with 1,719 in vendor stock)
- 2020-2021 Nissan Frontier (D40, earlier era): 52.213
- 2022-2023 Nissan Frontier (D41, present era): 92,137 (together with 5,601 in vendor stock)
Extra particularly, the automaker says that “the investigation thus far signifies that resistance between the parking rod and wedge within the transmission housing might inhibit motion of the wedge and parking pawl. If the parking pawl doesn’t interact, an affected car might transfer after inserting the shifter into ‘Park’. If the client doesn’t interact the parking brake, potential for motion of the car will increase the chance of damage or crash.”
One truck in a manufacturing facility lot rolled away whereas parked, although Nissan famous no discipline incidents (both accidents or accidents) associated to the issue. As a part of a plant audit, nevertheless, it observed that 11 out of 83 vans examined demonstrated the problems lined below this recall marketing campaign. Nissan ordered a “high quality maintain” on August 24, and expanded it on August 29 to cowl the Frontier, Titan and Nissan Z geared up with the 9-speed automated transmission. It additionally initiated a maintain on shipments from its Canton, Mississippi meeting plant till it may develop an answer.
Nissan’s interim resolution: Be certain to make use of the parking brake
In the interim, there is no such thing as a everlasting treatment to the parking pawl situation. Nissan encourages house owners to make the most of the vans’ parking brakes till it may well decide a repair.
Per the NHTSA paperwork, the automaker says it would mail out notices to present house owners on November 1. Homeowners can contact their native vendor or Nissan’s customer support line at 1-800-867-7669 for extra data.
The NHTSA’s quantity for this new recall marketing campaign is 22V-671. Yow will discover out extra through the agency’s websiteor by calling their car security hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153).